We're here to help!Frequently Asked Questions

Can you provide the Cannabis Insurance programs in all provinces?

Yes we can provide the programs in all provinces and provide the custom forms specific to business.

Why do I need Cannabis Insurance?

You will need to obtain policies that will cover you for a financial loss dues to a property loss or due to a liability loss on your premise and for a products loss due to the consumption of a product you have provided to the public. In short, proper coverage will keep you in business and protect your people, property and investment.

What is the most important insurance coverage I should buy?

Products Liability policy is one of the most important policies you should buy. This policy will cover you in the event of a loss due to your product. The most important aspect of this coverage is it will provide you with defense costs outside your policy limit for any legal fees due a loss or suit brought against you.

Can I cover my laboratory for professional services provided?

Yes, you can cover your professional services with a Professional Liability policy.

Can I cover my products for Product Recall?

Yes, there is a policy that can provide product recall coverage in the event their is a recall.

Can I cover my equipment if it breaks down?

Yes, there is a policy that will cover you in the event your equipment breaks down and it will also cover any income lost due to the breakdown of that equipment.

Can I cover a loss if my clients personal information is stolen?

Yes, there is a policy that can provide first party and third party losses in case the information is stolen.

Can I cover my stock & inventory while it is in transit?

Yes, you can buy coverage that will cover the inventory while in transit.

Can I cover my liability if an employee is using their own vehicle for my business purposes?

Yes you can buy a coverage that will cover you for non-owned auto liability and also hired auto liability.

Can I purchase coverage for my building if I am the landlord with a cannabis tenant?

Yes you can purchase coverage for your building that includes both the property coverage and the liability coverage.

Can I purchase coverage to cover my Board Of Directors?

Yes, you can purchase a Director’s and Officer’s policy that will cover your Board for their fiduciary responsibility.

Can I cover my employees if they are hurt on the job?

Yes, you can purchase Worker’s Compensation coverage to cover an injured employee!

Do I have to cover my sub-contractors for liability and worker's compensation?

That will depend on your provincial laws, what type of sub-contractor agreement you have with them, and in what capacity they work for you.

Can I cover armored transportation of money or products inventory?

Yes you can buy a policy that will cover the armored car exposure.

Learn More


202A -2227 South Millway
Mississauga, ON L5L 3R6

Tel: 905.820.5252
Fax: 1.855.552.7329


1255 Ouellette Ave,
Windsor, ON N8X 1J3

Local: 519.253.6376
Toll Free: +1.855.552.7467
Fax: +1 855 552 7329

© Retail Cannabis Insurance. Created by Mainstream Marketing